The name “Panta Rei” comes from the philosopher Eraclito, living in ancient Greece, and it means “everything flows”; we readapted this concept according to the philosophy of our place and for us it means that our cooking changes all the time, even thought it is always tightly connected to traditions. The bond to the territory consists for us not only in the fact that we propose and prepare typical recipies, but also and especially in the very careful choice of raw material used and in their traditional elaboration:
- The oil for seasoning and the one you’ll find in the cruet-stands is extra virgin olive oil, cold squeezed, coming from the Fattoria di Gratena, Pieve a Maiano (AR).
- The nudels used for the main courses have been traditionally rolled out (with the pastry-board and the rolling pin), so that the layer of pasta comes out thinner and can better keep the various sauces.
- The flower used comes from local corn and has been stone grinded and is from the Grifoni mill, Loc. Pagliericcio, Castel San Niccolò;
- The eggs have been produced by the Az. Agr. Le Pescine, Bibbiena and they come from hens grain fed strictly without OMG;
- The ricotta cheese and all the cheeses come from the dairy of the Coop. Agr. Pratomagno in Talla;
- Sausages and ham used for the starters are produced by us in traditional ways;
- For some dishes we use field herbs like borragine, which grow wild in our country-side;
- Fresh truffles and mushrooms, when available, come from Casentino;
- We produce all cakes, except ice cream;
- Waiting times could sometimes be a bit longer, do to the fact that 90% of our dishes are made at the moment you order them;
- The cover charge, bread and biologic olive oil is € 2,00
PLEASE, WE INFORM YOU THAT WILL BE NOT POSSIBLE FOR US TO SERVE STARTERS, FIRST PLATES AT SECOND COURSES ALL TOGHETER, SO WILL SERVE YOU BEFORE STARTERS AND SO ON , THANKS FOR YOUR COLLABORATION.